“AXA” is the brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies.* AXA companies offer financial protection and wealth management and are premier providers of advice, retirement strategies, employee benefits, and life insurance. AXA has been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, and enable them to realize dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
AXA’s primary life insurance company, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, is among the largest life insurance and retirement savings companies in the United States, with nearly 2.5 million1 client households nationwide. More than 4,7222 AXA Advisors financial professionals assist individuals, families and business owners in creating strategies that help them move forward on the road to financial security.
We are the primary U.S. subsidiary of the Paris-headquartered AXA Group**, a worldwide leader in financial protection strategies and wealth management with 107 million clients, individuals and businesses, in 64 countries3. AXA has been ranked the #1 insurance brand in the world for nine consecutive years4.
What we do
We help people unlock the potential in their lives
We guide people toward taking small, manageable steps that help them plan for sound financial futures and dignified retirements.
We manage risk prudently
To help protect clients, strengthen our industry, and preserve the stabilizing role that life insurers play in the global economy.
We invest for the long-term in the U.S. economy
We invest billions of dollars in the national, state, and local economies, including investments in state and municipal bonds, stocks, real estate and private equity. In 2014, we added nearly $13 billion in new investments to support AXA’s ability to meet its financial obligations to customers and policyholders while at the same time supplying much needed capital to the broader U.S. economy as the banking sector continues its repositioning.
We attract talented employees
And they are our greatest asset, reflecting the diversity of the markets in which we operate. We provide development opportunities that allow employees to maximize their talent. Together we seek to grow as a diverse and inclusive culture in which thoughts and ideas are valued, respected and appreciated.
We provide access and advice to help young people succeed in college and beyond
Through AXA Achievement, the signature program of the AXA Foundation, we are one of the nation’s largest corporate providers of scholarships — awarding more than $1.4 million a year. AXA has awarded $25 million in scholarships to more than 6,000 students since the program began in 2003. Learn more
We practice Corporate Responsibility each day
With broad initiatives from philanthropy to governance, programs that we support include responsible investing, “green” loans, environmental decontamination, and renewable energy.
- AXA US*** holds more than $615 billion in assets under management, as of June 30, 2017, and has nearly 2.5 million U.S. client households. Assets under management are inclusive of assets under management held by an affiliate, Alliance Bernstein, L.P.
- Headquartered in New York City since 1859, AXA US has a nationwide presence, with primary corporate locations in New Jersey, Syracuse NY, and Charlotte NC. Its retail distribution channel, AXA Advisors, LLC maintains close to 43 branches across the country.
- AXA Group is the world’s largest insurer by non-banking assets, $1.6 trillion in 2017.
- AXA Group carries solidly investment-grade financial strength ratings from the four major independent U.S. ratings agencies and possesses very strong solvency levels, more than twice that required by regulators.
- AXA shares trade on Euronext Paris under the symbol CS. AXA ADRs (American Depositary Receipts) are valued in U.S. dollars and are traded in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and are quoted on OTCQX under the symbol AXAHY5.
* “AXA” is the brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies, including AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (NY,NY), MONY Life Insurance Company of America (AZ stock company, administrative office: Jersey City, NJ), AXA Advisors, LLC. (member FINRA, SIPC), and AXA Distributors, LLC (member SIPC). AXA S.A. is a Paris-headquartered holding company for a group of international insurance and financial services companies, including AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC. The obligations of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company and MONY Life Insurance Company of America are backed by their claims-paying ability. @ 1999-2017 AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104
** ”AXA Group” refers to AXA S.A., a Paris-headquartered holding company for a group of international insurance and financial services companies, together with its direct and indirect consolidated subsidiaries.
*** All references to AXA US for this section are “AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company” unless otherwise noted.
1AXA Customer Marketing Data Base (CMDB), Dec. 31, 2016
2As of Dec. 31, 2016
32015 Activity & Corporate Responsibility Report
4Interbrand, Best Global Brands, 2017, Sept. 26, 2017
5AXA Group website, Investor Relations, Stock Information