The AXA Achievement Scholarship is awarded to 52 students nationwide – one selected from each state, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. Each state winner receives a scholarship award of $10,000. From that pool of 52 winners, ten are selected as national winners and receive an additional $15,000, bringing the national AXA Achievers’ total scholarship awards to $25,000 each.
What does it take to become an AXA Achiever?
Our scholarship winners are known as AXA Achievers. They are ethnically and economically diverse, but they share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family and community
Ability to succeed in college
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the AXA Achievementsm Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 united states, Washington, D.C. or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2016-2017 academic year
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Because reducing risk is woven into the fabric of our company, special consideration is given to achievements that empower society to mitigate risk through education and/or action in areas such as financial, environmental, health, safety and/or emergency preparedness
When to apply
- The application period for the 2016 program is now open. Apply now.
- The application deadline is December 15, 2015, but only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted; we encourage you to apply early.
- Winners will be announced in Spring 2016.