Every year the AXA Achievement Scholarship in association with U.S. News & World Report awards $670,000 in scholarships to exceptional young people across the nation.
What does it take to become an AXA Achiever?
Our scholarship winners are known as AXA Achievers. They are ethnically and economically diverse, but they share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family and community
- Ability to succeed in college
AXA Achievement Scholarship program
Fifty-two winners – one from each state, Washington, DC and Puerto Rico – are selected by our nonprofit partner, Scholarship America, to receive one-time scholarship awards of $10,000 each.
From the pool of 52 state winners, ten are selected as national winners and earn an additional one-time scholarship of $15,000, bringing the national AXA Achievers’ total scholarship awards to $25,000 each.
How to apply
Using a tiered process students apply on a state level and the top students from that group are recognized on a national level with an additional award.
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the AXA Achievement Scholarship in association with U S News & World Report must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2014-2015 academic year.
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Special consideration will be given to achievements that empower society to better face risk through education and action in areas such as financial, environmental, health and/or emergency-preparedness
Eligible students are encouraged to apply for both the Achievement and Community scholarships, but a student may receive only one of these AXA-sponsored scholarships.
When to apply
- The Achievement scholarship application period opens in the early Fall
- The 2015 program will kick off in September 2014.
- Winners are announced in the Spring
You can register to be notified when the next application period opens.