The AXA Achievement Community Scholarship Program brings educational opportunity into every community across the US in which AXA has a presence. It has a local focus, awarding up to 375 scholarships each year to students who have distinguished themselves within their communities.
What does it take to become an AXA Achiever?
Our scholarship winners are known as AXA Achievers. They are ethnically and economically diverse, but they share these qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family and community
- Ability to succeed in college
See our 2014 AXA Achievement Community Scholarship winners.
AXA Achievement Community Scholarship program
Every AXA Advisors branch office nationwide distributes up to twelve $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors who live and attend high school in their area, creating educational opportunities in communities across the United States.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants to the AXA Achievement Community Scholarship must:
- Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2014-2015 academic year.
- Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Special consideration will be given to achievements that empower society to better face risk through education and action in areas such as financial, environmental, health and/or emergency-preparedness
Eligible students are encouraged to apply for both the Achievement and Community scholarships, but a student may receive only one of these AXA-sponsored scholarships.
When to apply
- The Achievement scholarship application period opens in the the Fall
- The 2015 program will kick off in October 2014.
- Winners are announced in the Spring