Protected Premium Death Benefit
Flexibility for investors. Protection for their family.
With Investment Edge®, investors beneficiaries will automatically receive the remainder of their account value, for no additional fee, when they pass away. For an added layer of protection, they may elect the Protected Premium Death Benefit to build a legacy for their family while also accessing a robust investment option lineup.
- The Protected Premium Death Benefit allows:
- Pay for the benefit when investors need it. If their account value falls below their death benefit amount, they'll pay a charge for the death benefit during that period. If their account value is higher than their death benefit, there is no charge for the death benefit during that period.
- Cancel the benefit at any time if needs change. If they decide they don't want or need a death benefit anymore, they can simply cancel the benefit.
- Invest money any way. Choose from a wide array of investment options, including opportunities such as alternative investments and sector portfolios, risk-based portfolios and global investment strategies.
Protected Premium Death Benefit Facts
- Optional benefit may be elected by investors age 85 and younger. If Protected Premium Death Benefit is not elected, death benefit is a return of account value.
- Choose from a wide range of investment options available with Investment Edge®.
- Death benefit amount equals the sum of the contributions paid, and will be adjusted for withdrawals on a proportionate (pro rata) basis.
- Benefit can be cancelled at any time, but must be elected at issue when purchasing the contract. Cannot be added after contract issue or once cancelled. The benefit is not available in the Inherited NQ market. The benefit must be dropped if Income Edge is elected.
- Fee is calculated daily as a percentage of the difference between the death benefit amount and account value, and is deducted annually on contract anniversary.¹ There is no fee if the account value is greater than the death benefit. If the account value is less than the death benefit, a fee will be charged ranging from 0.6% at ages 0 to 65, up to 20% at age 95 (current charges).
The charges below (expressed on an annual basis) for the Protected Premium Death Benefit can be increased or decreased at our discretion within current and maximum charges. We cannot change the fee for the first two contract years. Clients will have a minimum of 30 days’ notice before a fee change may apply.
¹When applicable the fee can also be charged upon death claim, contract surrender, or drop of the benefit.
Important Note AXA believes that education is a key step toward addressing your financial goals, and we've designed this material to serve simply as an informational and educational resource. Accordingly, the information on this website does not offer or constitute investment advice and makes no direct or indirect recommendation of any particular product or of the appropriateness of any particular investment-related option. Your needs, goals and circumstances are unique, and they require the individualized attention of your financial professional.
“Tax-efficient distributions” refers to options where a portion of the distribution is a return of cost basis and thus excludable from taxes.
What is a variable annuity?
A variable annuity is a tax-deferred financial product designed to allow investors to invest for growth potential and provide income for retirement or other long-term life goals. In essence, an annuity is a contractual agreement in which payment(s) are made to an insurance company, which agrees to pay out income or a lump sum amount at a later date. Variable annuities are subject to market risk including loss of principal. There are fees and charges associated with a variable annuity contract, which include, but are not limited to, operations charges, sales and withdrawal charges and administrative fees. The withdrawal charge declines from 6% to 3% over five years for Investment Edge. Earnings are taxable as ordinary income when distributed and may be subject to an additional 10% federal tax if withdrawn before age 59 1/2.
This content is not a complete description of all material provisions of the variable annuity contract. Please click here for the Investment Edge prospectus. The prospectus contains more complete information, including investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, limitations and restrictions.
There are certain contract limitations and restrictions associated with an Investment Edge contract. For costs and complete details of coverage, speak to your financial professional/insurance licensed registered representative. Certain types of contracts, features and benefits may not be available in all jurisdictions. AXA Equitable offers other variable annuity contracts with different fees, charges and features.
If you are purchasing an annuity contract to fund an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or employer sponsored retirement plan, you should be aware that such annuities do not provide tax-deferral benefits beyond those already provided by the Internal Revenue Code. Before purchasing one of these annuities, you should consider whether its features and benefits beyond tax deferral meet your needs and goals. You may also want to consider the relative features and benefits of these annuities with any other investments that you may use in connection with your retirement plan or arrangement.
Not every contract is available through the same selling broker/dealer.
This website was prepared to support the promotion and marketing of AXA Equitable variable annuities. AXA Equitable, its distributors and their respective representatives do not provide tax, accounting or legal advice. Any tax statements contained herein were not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state or local tax penalties.
Please consult your own independent advisors as to any tax, accounting or legal statements made herein.
The Investment Edge 15 variable annuity is issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10104. Co-distributed by affiliates AXA Advisors, LLC and AXA Distributors, LLC. (Members FINRA, SIPC.)
Contract form # ICC13IEBASE1, ICC13IEBASE2 and any state variations.
“AXA” is the brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies, including AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, AXA Advisors, LLC and AXA Distributors, LLC. AXA S.A. is a French holding company for a group of international insurance and financial services companies, including AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC. The obligations of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company are backed solely by their claims-paying ability.