AXA (including AXA Advisors, LLC) are committed to keeping all personal information we have about you confidential and secure. That’s why we’ve established our Send Secure Email process.
When an AXA service representative or your AXA Advisors Financial Professional needs to send you confidential information quickly, you may agree to receive it via email. To make sure that any confidential information is protected on its way to you, we will use Send Secure Email.
The email will be “encrypted” before it is sent. Encryption is a technical means that prevents the email from being read or altered while it travels over the Internet to you.
When you receive a secure encrypted email from AXA or AXA Advisors, the confidential information contained in the email will arrive as an attachment named “AXASecureDoc.html.” You will need to open this attachment in order to read the confidential information sent in the email. Download it to your Desktop and open it from there. This is the most reliable means of opening the attachment. Simply double clicking on the attachment may produce unexpected results, depending on the email service you use.
For most users, when you open the attachment an “envelope” image will appear briefly on your screen before it is replaced with the contents of the secure message you have been sent. There will be no additional steps for you to take.
In some cases, if the sender of the secure email determined it required additional security the envelope image will remain on your screen. It will prompt you to supply a password or to register your email address with AXA before you can view the contents of the email.If you require assistance to complete this step, the sender of the email can provide you with additional instructions.
1. Clients who register at the AXA US website for full access to their accounts and secure email:
- If your email address is already registered with AXA Equitable, you will be asked for your password.
- If you have not registered, you can register when you open the secure email attachment. Fully registered users can view their secure email and accounts online, and can select eDelivery to receive documents electronically instead of through postal mail.
2. AXA Equitable clients or non-clients who register at the AXA website for secure email access only:
- You may instead register only to open secure email from us. If you are a client, this will not allow you to view your accounts online, but you can choose to upgrade your registration to also view accounts at any time in the future.
Once you complete the one-time registration process and supply your password, your secure email content will be opened and displayed.
“AXA” is the brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies, including AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (NY,NY), MONY Life Insurance Company of America (AZ stock company, administrative office: NY,NY), AXA Advisors, LLC (member FINRA, SIPC), and AXA Distributors, LLC.