AXA launches venture capital fund to foster entrepreneurial discovery in insurance and financial services, and to improve customer experience. AXA Strategic Ventures is a €200M venture capital fund dedicated to emerging strategic innovations relevant to insurance, asset management, financial technology and healthcare service industries.
A message from François Robinet Chairman of AXA Strategic Ventures and Anders Malmstrom, Chief Financial Officer of AXA US and a member of the Strategy Committee of AXA Strategic Venture
- Texas Tech Pulse VolunteerSpot Picks up $1.3M
- Austin Business Journal Software Maker VolunteerSpot Raises More Funding to Boost Growth
- Venture Beat Helping More Parents and Teachers Get Back to School
- Insurance Networking News: AXA Invests in Mobile Health Insurance Platform
- Venture Beat: AXA Strategic Ventures Announces First US Investment
- Insurance Networking News: 6 Tech Startups With Insurers' Financial Backing
- Carrier Management: Investing in Innovation: AXA VC Fund Backing Climate Impact, Airfare Predictors
- Global Corporate Venturing: Fund in the News: AXA Strategic Ventures
- Bloomberg: AXA Starts Venture Fund With Offices in San Francisco, New York
- Finextra: AXA sets up EUR200 million disruptive venture fund
- Insurance Networking News: AXA Launches €200M Fund to Boost Tech Startups
- FS Tech: AXA sets up €200m VC innovation fund
Chairman of AXA Strategic Ventures, AXA Group
François Robinet is the Chairman of AXA Strategic Ventures (AXA SV) at AXA Group, a €200M venture capital fund dedicated to investing in emerging strategic innovations in the insurance, asset management, financial technology, and healthcare service industries.
Mr. Robinet has extensive experience in risk management, asset management and life insurance. He is chief executive officer of AXA Life Invest, a company specializing in retirement solutions, and previously served as chief executive officer of the global investment management firm AXA Rosenberg, based in San Francisco. Mr. Robinet also served Northern, Central and Eastern Europe Region (NORCEE) as regional chief investment officer and AXA Group as chief risk officer.
He holds master’s degrees from Stanford University and the National School of Statistics and Economic Administration, as well as a Ph.D. from the Center for Advanced Insurance Studies, both in France.
Mr. Robinet also serves on the Board of Directors for several AXA companies as well as for the Microcred Group, a portfolio company that expands the reach of financial services to micro-, small- and medium-sized entrepreneurs in developing countries, particularly in Africa and Asia. François is also a member of the Advisory Board of FTV Capital, an investment company specialized in late stage Fintech investments located in San Francisco.
Senior Executive Director
Chief Financial Officer
Anders Malmstrom is senior executive vice president and chief financial officer of AXA Financial, Inc. He is also senior executive director and chief financial officer of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company as well as a member of the company’s executive committee.
Mr. Malmstrom is responsible for all actuarial, investment, and risk management functions, with oversight of the controller, tax, expense management and corporate real estate, corporate sourcing and procurement, and distribution finance areas. He is also a member of the strategy committee of AXA Strategic Ventures.
Mr. Malmstrom joined AXA Financial, Inc. in 2012 from AXA Winterthur in Switzerland, where he was a member of the Executive Board and head of the Life Department.
Before joining AXA Winterthur in 2009, Malmstrom was head of product management, Group Life Insurance, at The Swiss Life Group in Zurich. He spent over eleven years in management positions with various business divisions at The Swiss Life Group, where he began his insurance career as a developer of actuarial software in 1997.
Mr. Malmstrom holds a master’s degree in mathematics, physics and astronomy from the University of Basel in Switzerland. He also completed a dissertation in mathematics at the University of Aachen in Germany.