September 19, 2016
NEW YORK – AXA, a leading financial protection company, has announced changes to its BrightLife® Term insurance product, including lower rates and easier processing on an offering that already has some of the industry’s best conversion privileges to permanent coverage.
“Since September is ‘Life Insurance Awareness Month,’ we are taking this opportunity to let people know that they can get cost-effective protection from financial risk with a simple product like Term insurance,” said Ron Herrmann, head of AXA’s Financial Protection business. “The fact that our rates are lower may help them take that important step.”
Term insurance is often a good fit for people who need affordable protection for their families because it costs less than permanent life insurance. However, if clients purchase term insurance, then their needs change, they can easily convert it to any AXA permanent life insurance policy later on.
Making it easier to buy Term Life
In addition to rate decreases for Term insurance and one of the best conversion privileges in the industry, AXA is committed to implementing changes that will improve the sales process.
“We’ve been listening to the marketplace, and AXA is committed to implementing changes that will provide a more consistent, better sales experience for financial professionals and their clients,” said Herrmann.
Important BrightLife® Term features:
- Lower rates on some policies. AXA’s “Term 20” rates will be more competitive for many consumers.
- Now accepting informal applications for policies with face amounts of $1 million or more, enabling financial advisors to quickly compare and present the most competitive product to clients.
- Speeding the process is a new team of underwriters dedicated to processing term business quickly and efficiently.
- Continued conversion privileges that are among the industry’s most generous. If clients convert from Term insurance to any of AXA’s permanent life insurance policies within five policy years, they can receive an extra credit of 25 percent that can be applied toward the premium of the permanent policy. Plus, they can apply to add the Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider.1 This can help clients upgrade their coverage as their income grows.
- Realize the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Certain clients who meet healthy lifestyle criteria may receive a one-class rating improvement from AXA underwriters, lowering the cost of coverage in some cases.
1Additional underwriting may be required.
Term life insurance products are issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (NY, NY) or by affiliate MONY Life Insurance Company of America (AZ stock company, administrative office: Jersey City, NJ).
BrightLife® is a registered mark of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10104.
“AXA” is a brand name of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and its family of companies, including AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (NY, NY), MONY Life Insurance Company of America (AZ stock company, administrative office: Jersey City, NJ), AXA Advisors, LLC, and AXA Distributors, LLC. In business since 1859, AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company is a leading financial protection company and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products distributed to individuals and business owners through its retail distribution channel, AXA Advisors, LLC (member FINRA, SIPC) and to the financial services market through its wholesale distribution channel, AXA Distributors, LLC (member FINRA, SIPC)
AXA S.A. (also referred to as “AXA Group”) is a Paris-headquartered holding company for a group of international insurance and financial services companies, including AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC companies. AXA S.A. is a worldwide leader in financial protection strategies and wealth management with 103 million clients in 64 countries as of Dec. 31, 2015. AXA S.A. has been ranked the No. 1 insurance brand in the world by Interbrand for seven consecutive years as of Oct. 5, 2015.
The obligations of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company and MONY Life Insurance Company of America are backed solely by their claims-paying ability. Find AXA on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. For more information, visit www.axa.com.