Why choose BrightLife® Protect?
For individual clients, this policy can provide:
- A simple "no-math" guarantee to age 90, or for 40 years if purchased under age 50, for level pay premiums—no guesswork or calculation, just a simple number clients can rely on.1
- The ability to get an advance on the death benefit to help pay for long-term care expenses by adding one of the most competitive long-term care riders in the industry.2
- Potential for tax-deferred growth tied to a market index up to a cap, with the added benefit of downside protection.
- Flexibility of cash surrender value in policy that allows for withdrawal as circumstances may change.
For your business owner clients, BrightLife® Protect can:
- Help safeguard a business owner and the family’s stake
- Offset the impact of losing a key employee
- Enhance executive benefits or retirement plans
- Build up a reserve for unanticipated expenses or needs
- Fund a buy-sell agreement to help ensure fair-market value for the owner’s family
With BrightLife® Protect, your clients can choose how their premium payments are allocated, which can ultimately affect their policy’s cash value. The indexed option is designed for those who are looking for protection from loss, yet would still like some potential for growth. Choose the Fixed Account, the Select Account, or a combination of both. Your clients can change their allocation at any time.
BrightLife® Protect in action
- Earners with families, ages 50-70
- Business owners
- Those age 65+ with large estates
Optional rider available at no additional charge:3
Financial Professional materials
- BrightLife® Protect - Extended Guarantee Launch Flyer
- BrightLife® Protect Producer Guide
- BrightLife® Protect FP Presentation
- BrightLife® Protect w/ the LTCSR Sales Idea
- Language to Use (Maslansky) – BrightLife® Protect
- BrightLife® Protect vs Other IULs Competitive Comparison
- BrightLife® Protect vs Other Protection-focused Permanent Life Policies - John Hancock
- BrightLife® Protect vs GULs Competitive Comparison
- BrightLife® vs. MoneyGuard® II
- Product and Features Guide
1 Coverage is guaranteed to the lesser of 40 years or to age 90, as long as the required guarantee premium is paid.
2 The Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider has an additional cost and is subject to restrictions and limitations. A client may qualify for life insurance but not for the Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider.
3 All riders are subject to the terms and conditions of the rider. All riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions. There may be an additional charge associated with obtaining certain riders. Some riders may not be available in combination with other riders and/or policy features.
Under current federal tax rules, client generally may take federal income-tax-free withdrawals up to the basis (total premiums paid less partial withdrawals) in the policy or loans from a life insurance policy that is not a Modified Endowment Contract (MEC). Certain exceptions may apply for partial withdrawals during the policy’s first 15 years. If the policy is an MEC, all distributions (withdrawals or loans) are taxed as ordinary income to the extent of gain in the policy, and may also be subject to an additional 10% premature distribution penalty prior to age 59½, unless certain exceptions are applicable. Loans and partial withdrawals will decrease the death benefits and cash value of the life insurance policy and may be subject to policy limitations and income tax. In addition, loans and partial withdrawals may cause certain policy benefits or riders to become unavailable and may increase the chance the policy may lapse. If the policy lapses, is surrendered or becomes an MEC, the loan balance at such time would generally be view as distributed and taxable under the general rules for distribution of policy cash values.
Please be advised this webpage is not intended as legal or tax advice. Accordingly, any tax information provided in this guide for producers is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed, and clients should seek advice based on their particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
BrightLife® Protect is issued in New York and Puerto Rico by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (AXA Equitable), New York, NY 10104, and in all other jurisdictions by affiliate MONY Life Insurance Company of America (MLOA), an Arizona Stock Corporation, with main administrative office in Jersey City, NJ. It is co-distributed by AXA Network, LLC, and its subsidiaries, and AXA Distributors, LLC. AXA Equitable, MLOA, AXA Network, LLC, and AXA Distributors, LLC, are affiliated companies and do not provide tax or legal advice. Clients should rely on their own advisors on these matters.
Policy form #ICC 12-100 or state variations. Rider form #ICC-12-R12-10, or state variations.
BrightLife® is a registered mark of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10104.