Extra Interest Credit
Watch how to get clarity and straightforward performance with the Extra Interest Credit.
For Financial Professional Use Only. Not for Use with, or Distribution to, the General Public.
More to love with IUL Protect
Our new and enhanced IUL Protect policy gives your clients clarity they can count on. And even more to love.
- A simple “no-math” no-lapse guarantee to age 90, or for 40 years if purchased under age 50, means no guesswork or calculations, just a simple number your clients can rely on.1
- Our Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider offers guaranteed protection plus flexibility for your clients and their family, so long as they pay the required guarantee premiums.1,2
- Extra Interest Credit, a unique feature that delivers direct cash value to your clients - on top of their index return- which is designed to increase as interest rates rise.
- Stronger caps, designed for long-term stability in a changing interest rate environment.3
For your business owner clients, IUL Protect can:
- Help safeguard a business owner and the family’s stake
- Offset the impact of losing a key employee
- Enhance executive benefits or retirement plans
- Build up a reserve for unanticipated expenses or needs
- Fund a buy-sell agreement to help ensure fair-market value for the owner’s family
With IUL Protect, your clients can choose how their premium payments are allocated, which can ultimately affect their policy’s cash value. The indexed option is designed for those who are looking for protection from loss, yet would still like some potential for growth. Choose the Guaranteed Interest Account, the Select Account, or a combination of both. Your clients can change their allocation at any time.
The Guaranteed Interest Account
Any premiums allocated to the Guaranteed Interest Account will earn the current interest rate, which is set by AXA and guaranteed to never be less than 2.5 percent.
The Select Account
If your clients want a bit more upside potential, the Select Account may be a good choice. This index-linked option gives them the potential for cash value growth based on the performance of the S&P 500® Index. They can realize 100 percent of any positive returns, up to a performance cap; and they’re protected against 100 percent of any negative returns with the 0 percent floor. AXA Equitable reserves the right to change the cap and participation rates for new Segments, but these rates will never be less than the minimums stated in the policy.
Extra Interest Credit
This gives clients an opportunity to receive additional cash value, on top of their index return. They can receive an additional daily credit to the Select Account equal to the Guaranteed Interest Account rate minus 3.5% (never to be less than zero), so they can benefit from rising interest rates.
- Earners with families, ages 50-70
- Business owners
- Those age 65+ with large estates
Optional rider available at no additional charge:7
Financial Professional materials
- IUL Protect - Launch Flyer
- IUL Protect Producer Guide
- IUL Protect w/ the LTCSR Sales Idea
- IUL Protect Sales Presentation (PPT Download)
- Language to Use (Maslansky) – IUL Protect
- Extra Interest Credit Brochure
- Introducing the Extra Interest Credit
- Product and Features Guide
- IUL Protect vs other IULs Competitive Comparison
- Goldman Sachs Rising Interest Rate Outlook
- IUL Protect Product Guide
- State Availability Chart
- New Business Interest Rates
- IUL Protect Series 159 Specimen Contract - NY
- IUL Protect Series 159 Specimen Contract AXA ICC States
- IUL Protect, Series 159 Specimen Contract MLOA ICC States
- IUL Protect Series 159 MLOA Sample Contract
- IUL Protect Series 159 Riders and Endorsements
1 Coverage is guaranteed to the lesser of 40 years or to age 90, as long as the required guarantee premium is paid.
2 The Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider has an additional cost and is subject to restrictions and limitations. A client may qualify for life insurance but not for the Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider.
3 The Growth Cap is designed to be less volatile than our prior product.
4 This is the hypothetical performance of the S&P 500® Index, which does not include dividends.
5 This is your performance of the Select Account, based on the performance of the S&P 500® shown.
6 Based on Guaranteed Interest Account rate of 4%.
7 All riders are subject to the terms and conditions of the rider. All riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions. There may be an additional charge associated with obtaining certain riders. Some riders may not be available in combination with other riders and/or policy features.
Under current federal tax rules, client generally may take federal income-tax-free withdrawals up to the basis (total premiums paid less partial withdrawals) in the policy or loans from a life insurance policy that is not a Modified Endowment Contract (MEC). Certain exceptions may apply for partial withdrawals during the policy’s first 15 years. If the policy is an MEC, all distributions (withdrawals or loans) are taxed as ordinary income to the extent of gain in the policy, and may also be subject to an additional 10% premature distribution penalty prior to age 59½, unless certain exceptions are applicable. Loans and partial withdrawals will decrease the death benefits and cash value of the life insurance policy and may be subject to policy limitations and income tax. In addition, loans and partial withdrawals may cause certain policy benefits or riders to become unavailable and may increase the chance the policy may lapse. If the policy lapses, is surrendered or becomes an MEC, the loan balance at such time would generally be view as distributed and taxable under the general rules for distribution of policy cash values.
Please be advised this webpage is not intended as legal or tax advice. Accordingly, any tax information provided in this guide for producers is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed, and clients should seek advice based on their particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
IUL Protect is issued in New York and Puerto Rico by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (AXA Equitable), New York, NY, and in all other jurisdictions by affiliate MONY Life Insurance Company of America (MLOA), an Arizona Stock Corporation, main administrative offices in Jersey City, NJ. MLOA is not licensed to do business in New York. IUL Protect is co-distributed by AXA Network, LLC and AXA Distributors, LLC. All companies are affiliated and directly or indirectly owned by AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC, and do not provide tax or legal advice. You should consult with your tax and legal advisors regarding your particular circumstances. IUL Protect does contain additional charges, including but not limited to a 15-year surrender charge, Premium charges, Insurance charges and administrative fees.
Policy form #ICC 12-100 or state variations. Rider form #ICC-12-R12-10, or state variations.