Why choose VUL Optimizersm?
VUL Optimizersm is designed for policyholders who want to maximize cash value accumulation potential and tax-free distributions along with needed death benefit. It offers complete flexibility to choose their investments so their money is invested the way they want. It provides a way for policyholders to live more for today, keep more of what they earn and build more for the future.
Unlike term insurance, VUL Optimizersm protects the policyholders’ families for their entire lives, while adapting throughout their lives to provide access to the cash they need, when they need it.
- Lifetime death benefit provided required premiums are paid
- Downside protection via Market Stabilizer Option®
- Optional Long-Term Care Servicessm Rider available1
VUL Optimizersm helps your policyholders keep more of their money, by helping to minimize taxes and no income taxes to the beneficiaries of the policy’s death benefit.
- Tax-deferred growth
- Tax-free distributions, when structured properly
With VUL Optimizersm, the policyholders’ cash value can grow over time. And, it can build their assets with tax-deferred growth and distributions.
- Index Portfolios
- Asset Allocation Portfolios2
- Plus more than 50 equity and fixed income options
VUL Optimizersm is a flexible premium variable universal life insurance product designed to maximize policyholders’ future income:
- Offers some of the most competitive level-pay premiums in the industry today.
- Provides more than 70 investment options to help investors plan for a long-term strategy.
- Wide selection of index options make investing simpler.
- Asset allocation options — from conservative to aggressive — for the less active investor.
- More than 50 additional equity and fixed income options offering access to some of the best money managers in the world.
- Take advantage of growth opportunities and help protect against market declines, The Market Stabilizer Option® ("MSO") is an investment option that offers a rate tied to the performance of the S&P 500® Price Return Index (which does not include dividends). The MSO allows your clients participation in limited upside performance potential of the S&P 500® Price Return Index up to a growth cap rate that is set each month by the insurance company. It also provides limited downside protection against declines of up to -25%. There is a risk of substantial loss of principal as the client is responsible for losses in excess of 25%. The MSO has a charge of 1.15% with a maximum of 2.40%.
VUL Optimizersm in action
- May be a more financially sophisticated investor
- Age 30-60
- Has a need for life insurance protection
- Prefers an active to semi-active investment approach, with the ability to buy and sell when necessary
- Is comfortable making investment decisions and selecting variable investment options
- Is willing to accept market volatility, including the loss of principal invested, to achieve potentially higher investment returns
- Wants to fully participate in the market’s growth potential
- Wants access to cash for future needs
Optional riders available at an additional charge:4
- Long-Term Care ServicesSM Rider
- Children’s Term Insurance
- Disability Premium Waiver Rider
- Disability Waiver of Monthly Deductions Rider
- Option to Purchase Additional Insurance
- Market Stabilizer Option® (charge only if exercised)
- Cash Value Plus Rider
Optional riders available at no additional charge:4
- Charitable Legacy Rider®
Riders automatically included at no additional charge:4
- Living Benefits Rider
- Loan Extension Endorsement
- No-Lapse Guarantee
- Substitution of Insured
Financial Professional materials
For Financial Professional materials please log in to us.axa.com.
Prospectus and Supplements
Prospectus: Except CA, NY, and PR
Residents of California, New York, and Puerto Rico, please contact our Sales Desk at (877) 659-6873.
1The Long-Term Care ServicessmRider does have an additional charge as well as restrictions and limitations. A client may qualify for the insurance but not the rider. It is paid as an acceleration of the death benefit.
2Asset Allocation is a method of diversification that does not guarantee a profit nor protect against a loss.
4All riders are subject to the terms and conditions of the rider. All riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions. There may be an additional charge associated with obtaining certain riders. Some riders may not be available in combination with other riders and/or policy features.
All riders are subject to the terms and conditions of the rider. All riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions. There may be an additional charge associated with obtaining certain riders. Some riders may not be available in combination with other riders and/or policy features.
Please be advised that this webpage is not intended as legal or tax advice. Accordingly, any tax information provided in this guide for producers is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed, and clients should seek advice based on their particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
Policy form #s ICC15-100, 15-100 or state variations.
Market Stabilizer Option® form #s ICC15-R15-200, R15-200 or state variations.
VUL Optimizersm is a flexible premium variable life insurance policy issued in New York and Puerto Rico by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (AXA Equitable), New York, NY; and in all other jurisdictions by MONY Life Insurance Company of America (MLOA), an Arizona Stock Corporation with its main administrative office in Jersey City, NJ; and is distributed by AXA Advisors, LLC (member FINRA, SIPC) and AXA Distributors, LLC, 1290 Avenue of Americas, New York, NY 10104. MLOA is not licensed to conduct business in New York and Puerto Rico. When sold by New York state-based (i.e., domiciled) financial professionals, VUL Optimizersm is issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (New York, NY). AXA Equitable and MLOA are separate companies, and each insurance company has sole responsibility for its life insurance obligations.
AXA Equitable, MLOA, AXA Advisors and AXA Distributors are subsidiaries of AXA Equitable Financial Services, LLC and AXA Equitable Holdings, and do not provide tax or legal advice. Certain types of policies, features and benefits may not be available in all jurisdictions or may be different.
Charitable Legacy Rider® and Market Stabilizer Option® are registered service marks and Long-Term Care Servicessm Rider and VUL Legacysm, are service marks of AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company.
This webpage is not a complete description of all the material provisions of the VUL Optimizersm variable life insurance policy. This webpage must be preceded or accompanied by the VUL Optimizersm product prospectus and any applicable prospectus supplements. The prospectuses contain more complete information about the policy, including investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, limitations and restrictions. Please read the prospectuses and consider the information carefully before purchasing a policy or sending money. The link above will provide you a copy of the current prospectus.